1. Denial — stage where the grieving individual tends to deny that the grief exists.
2. Anger — the grieving individual may be mad at the person who inflicted the grief, or at himself/herself for letting the grief happen even if it cannot be avoided.
3. Bargaining — the griving individual may then make a bargain with another person, or his/her diety/god/religious icon to take away the pain.
4. Depression — the person will feel nothing, desensitized, though anger may still remain.
5. Acceptance — this is when the first 4 have lessened or totaly wore off. the individual accepts the loss.